Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Angry Bird Costume


My neighbor wanted to be an Angry Bird for Halloween this year so I made him a costume.

 
I found this tutorial using a pumpkin pattern and copied what she did for the most part.

Like her, I used our Angry Birds stuffed animal as a guide.


I used the pumpkin Simplicity 2788 Toddler Costume pattern.  The pattern went up to 4T and I was making it for a five and a half (that half is important to him) year old so I added four inches to the length and two inches on each piece around.  I started with red fleece, tan fleece for the panel, yellow fleece for the beak and felt for the facial features.  I eyeballed the shapes and cut them out.


I lined it with a silky polyester of some sort so it would slip on and off easily.  I glued on the face shapes with Fabri-Tac.  That stuff never comes loose.  Then I stuffed and hand stitched on the nose and the tail.  I didn't use the hat pattern.  Instead I made a fleece beanie with the feathers on top.  I stuffed it more full than the pumpkin pattern called for so he was nice and round. 



I finished off the look with a green pig trick-or-treat bag.  I eyeballed this one as well.  I sewed a strap out of green felt then stitched the two faces together.  The eyes, brows and nose are glued on with Fabri-Tac.


Now that he's done with the costume, we'll be putting it on eBay next fall.  If you're interested in it, let me know!  It would easily fit a child from 3 - 6 or 7.



Pin It!

1 comment: