Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Teacher Gift


 
On the first day of school I wanted my son to take something to his teacher so I looked on Pinterest and found these cute pencil flowers by Amy over at The Happy Scraps.  They looked easy and cute so I copied her.

My son cut the flowers with my new EK Tools retro flower punch.  I love EK's punches as they are easy and versatile.  I took several of mine on a trip with me last month for a project I was working on.  They're the only brand I've used that I don't have to stand up and press down on the table with.  My kids use my EK whale punches all the time.  Their new punches fold flat which is great for storing them! 



I then used a standard hole punch to punch holes in the enter of each flower. 

Next I stuck some foam in a tin pail I found at the Target Dollar Spot. 

I added some shredded paper, shoved the pencils in and tied on a ribbon.


 Here he is ready to go meet his new teacher.  So handsome.


And here he is handing them to her. 



I thought this gift was perfect as it was cute but it's something she can actually use with the pencils as stems. 

I was in his classroom last week for the Halloween party and, guess what?  They are STILL ON HER DESK! 

Did your kids bring a gift on the first day of school?  If so, tell me what you came up with!

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HP envy 5540 setup Envy 5540 Printer Basic setup and Driver download. Make easy steps to install Printer Driver from 123.hp.com/setup 5540

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed by your creativity and resourcefulness in making those adorable pencil flowers for your son's teacher. It's heartwarming to see the effort you put into creating a thoughtful gift. Additionally, I completely agree with you about the benefits of playing games like asphalt nitro mod apk. They serve as a fantastic way to relax, rejuvenate the mind, and enhance problem-solving abilities. By immersing ourselves in such games, we tap into our cognitive skills while enjoying a refreshing break from our daily routines. It's wonderful to find activities that bring joy and contribute to our mental well-being at the same time.

    ReplyDelete