Wednesday, September 26, 2012

July 4th Tin Can Windsock


When I saw these tin can windsocks over at Ucreate I knew they'd be easy to recreate with my kids.
.

I used the cans left from a game from my son's superhero party.  They had hot glue still on them but we just painted right over it.

We invited some friends to join us for the project.

The kids painted theirs blue and I painted mine with stripes.




Then we added star stickers.  I just cut some stars out of white contact paper.  I had zero faith these would stay on outside but they did!




I punch two holes in the bottom of the can with a screwdriver.  Then we strung yarn through to hang them.




I hot glued satin ribbons around the inside rim.

 



Our hung outside from July 4th late into August and they survived the weather just fine.  They were a great addition to the flag and made our house look very festive this summer.

 
 


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! Found you on Pintrest from searching for Christmas gift ideas. So fun!

    ReplyDelete