Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sun Catchers


 
I saw these sun catchers on a craftster.org forum. 

They were the perfect summer craft for the kids.

I picked up mini foil pie pans at the dollar store.  The instructions weren't clear on what kind of beads they used so we just used the clear pony beads we had in our craft supply.



The kids and I layered the beads, then put the pans on a cookie sheet and popped them into the oven.




I baked them at 400 degrees.  The foil pans were ready in about 20 minutes.  The glass took much longer, about 45 minutes, and was CRAZY hot when I took it out.  FYI, the metallic beads didn't melt well. 


Once they were cool, they popped right out of the pan.  And there were plenty of holes for stringing from gaps in the bead coverage.

I strung fishing line through them and we hung them in the tree out back.  I love the way the light shines through them.









Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Those are really cute. I might try them with my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I love this little project, and I'm positive my three-year-old would have a fabulous time creating them!

    ReplyDelete