Friday, November 9, 2012

Chalkboard of The Month Club


For my friend's birthday I thought it would be fun to give her a gift that keeps on giving. 
 
I put together a chalkboard for her and made her this birthday card.
 

I found this great frame at Goodwill.  I liked the wood grain of it so I sanded it a little to distress it and called it good.  I popped out the glass and print that was in it.



I went to Home Depot with an intention to buy and mdf board and paint it with chalkboard paint.  But, when I got there, what to my wondering eyes did appear?  Chalkboard mdf.  Shut up!   It was 1/4 inch thick and 2' x 4'.  The nice guy at Home Depot cut three 16 x 20 pieces for me from the sheet.  SCORE!

For her birthday I drew a birthday design.  I will update it monthly for holidays, other birthdays, quotes or whatever she chooses. 



A couple of weeks later she was getting ready for her daughter's birthday so I drew this one:


 I'll keep you posted as we go through the year.  I'm making one for myself as well! 



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment