Monday, May 23, 2011

Summer Bucket List


I've seen all sorts of bucket lists and summer lists in blogland and on pinterest so I thought we'd make one of our own.

My kids are young so I kept it simple. I drew a picture of the sun and the beach on a white poster board. I asked my son what he wanted to do this summer and added some of my ideas as well. His idea to "dig for dinosaur bones" didn't make the cut since he does that daily in the yard. I listed our items in each section of the picture and inside the letters and as we do them, he'll color in that section. He's already colored in going to a baseball game and running through the sprinkler. We did some simple, easy ones and some of specific museums and places I want to go check out this summer.


Here are a few of the things we listed:

  • go camping
  • make homemade popsicles
  • go on a nature scavenger hunt
  • find a new park
  • have a water balloon fight
  • go to the beach
  • go to the zoo
  • slurpee run at 7-11
  • make homemade ice cream
  • watch fireworks
  • go to a parade
  • go to a festival
  • check out a local farmers market
  • grow vegetables in our garden
  • try a new restaurant
  • go out for breakfast (we rarely do that but I LOVE breakfast out)
  • outdoor movie / block party
  • stay up late and run around with glow sticks outside
  • catch fireflies
  • blow giant bubbles
  • make frozen hot chocolate
  • fly a kite
  • go to the spray park
  • build a sand castle
  • go to the pool
  • visit the children's museum
  • go on a picnic
  • family bike ride
  • check out a nature preserve
  • go to the arboretum
  • roast s'mores
  • go to an outdoor concert
  • do the library summer reading program

I also listed some specific museums and places to visit around here. Are you making a bucket list for summer? What's on your list?

Edited: September 26th  We completed our summer bucket list with the exception of one thing!  I'd call that success.  Here's our colored in poster:


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment