Long before Pinterest, I saw a blog with an idea for a Favorite Things Party. I've thought about it since then and now that they are popping up all over Pinterest, I was reminded of them and thought, "why not now?"
I invited my friends over and asked everyone to bring three of one of their favorite things in the $10-15 range. I liked this better than getting six items in the $5 range. We went home with fewer, but better, items in my opinion.
First, everyone wrote their name down three times for the exchange and one time for my drawing.
When it was their turn, they told us about their item, why it was their favorite and then drew three names and those lucky ladies went home with that item. It was fun to see the variety of things that everyone brought and watch people cross their fingers as names were being drawn!
I gave away this cake pedestal for my favorite thing. It is white, scalloped and just $14.99 at Pier 1! They have a smaller one for $9.99 if you want two to stack. Here's proof I was at the party.
Here are the favorites everyone else brought. I wanted one of everything on that table!
Their favorites included:
- Target gift card
- Movie tickets & candy
- Candy & treats from England (Cadbury, Galaxy, scone mix, custard mix, etc...)
- Our Best Bites Cookbook (she even tabbed recipes she's tried and loves)
- Balsamic vinegar from a local shop (two people brought this in a variety of flavors)
- The Hunger Games & chocolate
- Moroccan Oil Hair Treatment (two showed up with this)
- Wither, Vanilla Coke, Samoa Girl Scout Cookies & Lindt chocolates
- An insulated straw cup with m&ms (did you know there are white m&ms out for Easter???)
- Lush bath bombs & soaps
- Three beautiful scarves
- Tigi Catwalk hairspray and root boost
- Ear phones and an iTunes gift card
- Little glass pedestals from Hobby Lobby & these cute little bowls from Anthropologie
- A gift card to a local chocolate & ice cream shop
- An oil burner and home fragrance oils from The Body Shop, she brought orange and cranberry
- Flower pots, seeds and a hand trowel
- Feetures Lite running socks, candy & Market Pantry (Target brand) Lime Margarita Drink Mix packets (I've tried them, so yummy!)
- Hempz Body Moisturizer and My Favorite Lip Balm by Bath & Body Works
- Mac lip gloss
- A castle key bottle opener from Anthropologie, Bombay Chai tea & a handmade earring holder
What did I get, you ask? My name was drawn for movie tickets & candy (Hunger Games, anyone?), Our Best Bites Cookbook (with tabs on her favs she's tried) and the bag of English goodies. I've thumbed through the cookbook and can't wait to try the recipes in it!
After we exchanged all of the above, I drew names for some of my favorite items I got sponsored.
Thanks to my sponsors I gave away:
- Wreck This Journal by Keri Smith
- The Homesick Texan Cookbook by Lisa Fain
- Two pair of Francie Pants
- Snowflakes for All Seasons and Snowflakes by Cindy Higham
- Letterpress Thank You cards by 1canoe2
- A dandelion necklace by Lulubug Jewelry
- A bag full of beauty & fashion goodies from Hollywood Fashion Secrets
- Flowers & landscape consultations from a local nursery
- A gift card to a local restaurant
- Haribo gummy bears
- A gift card to a local chocolate shop for their yummy fondue
- Kalamata olive oil from a local olive oil & vinegar shop
- A little decor bird from a local gift shop
- A handmade candle from a local artist
- Salts from a local spice shop
And last, but certainly not least, everyone went home with a Swag Bag full of treats. The bags are worthy of their own post so I'll blog about them tomorrow. Come back and read all about them because I'm going to give one of them away to one lucky reader!
As I spent much time and effort gathering items for the party, I decided I didn't want to do all of the food myself. I asked everyone to bring their favorite appetizer or dessert to share. I made this punch that is all over Pinterest, lemon bars and bought some fresh shrimp cocktail. I love all things lemon and never make lemon bars because I'm the only one around here that will eat them. Same for shrimp cocktail. People brought fruit, hummus & pita chips, cupcakes from a local shop, bruschetta, cucumber bites, caprese bites, and strawberries & cream. I didn't get great pictures but, we enjoyed it none the less.
I didn't really decorate for the party but I liked having an excuse to bust out my spring decor and get ready for Easter.
It was such a fun party, my guests all had a blast and you should totally host one. Go plan it, now! And don't forget to check back and see what's inside that Swag Bag you could win!
I did not receive any compensation for this post. I already have and use these items, they are truly my favorites and these opinions are my own!