Friday, April 9, 2010

Superhero Cape


I'm in between homes right now and in the process of moving to a new state. Most of my craft things have been packed, loaded on a truck and are awaiting my arrival in my new home town. However, I did have a birthday to celebrate this week so I picked up a few things at JoAnns and made my son a superhero cape. Here I am sewing at my mother's dining room table.
He's just getting into more imaginative play and he has a cheap Superman cape that was left over from an old dog costume but I wanted a generic cape for him to make up whoever he wants to be. I didn't use a pattern, just cut a semicircle and a smaller one for the neck. I made a "J" out of felt and a lightning bolt for the other side. I used fabric glue to glue them on then zig-zag stitched around them. I lazied out and used quilt binding for the tie. It came together quickly and easily and I'm happy with how it turned out.

And it makes him fly really fast!

Other than this and a crochet project I kept out, my things are all packed and my creative juices are all just floating around in my brain until my life get settled.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Those are cute. Pierce's Grandma made him two capes. He loves them.

    ReplyDelete