Wednesday, June 6, 2007

French Memory Board


A couple of years ago I was looking for a french memory board but could not find one big enough for what I wanted or that had fabric I liked. So, I made one myself. I'm sure there are better ways to make them but I rigged this together and it works for me. I bought a large paint canvas then I stapled batting to it. Then I covered it with the fabric I liked and stapled that on. I added some ribbon then I sewed on buttons at the ribbon crossings to try and make the ribbon taunt. It's not as tight as the ones you can buy but it works, it's large enough, and I like the fabric. It was a fairly easy, quick and inexpensive way to get one I liked. As you can see it is full of pictures. Maybe it's time to recycle pictures or make a new one.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment