Thursday, March 22, 2012

ABC Book


Parents.com posted this Summer ABC book under "Easy Paper Crafts to do with Your Kids" on their website and I thought it would be a good activity for my little girl.  As the second child, I don't work as diligently with her on her alphabet, colors, shapes, numbers, etc...than I did with my first.  I'd been looking for a little activity we could do together and this was perfect.


I started out with a set of 4 x 6 ABC index dividers, 4 x 6 blank index cards and a little notebook with two binder rings that fit them all perfectly.  I thought this would be a little more sturdy than their version.



My three hole punch was spaced perfectly for two of the holes so it was just a matter of centering the dividers and index cards.



I wrote each letter with a Sharpie on the front of each divider.



Then we searched for pictures to fill up the book with.  She glued on some we cut from magazines and printed photos.  I drew the others. 




My son helped her guess what each word started with and then they filled up the book as they went along.


We'll continue to add to it as she learns her alphabet.

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Very Creative.. do you use the book as a game? Like take out all the pics and fill them in ..or just look and learn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll probably do both. She likes to open and close it.

      Delete
  2. Oh how cute! I wanna do this tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! Will be making this over the summer as a review activity! Thanks for sharing! ~Erica @ mylittlesonbeam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete