Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Christmas Card Display


I am sad to admit that 2012 was the first year in YEARS that we did not send out a Christmas card. 

The intention was there but they just. didn't. happen.

My pregnancy nausea kicked in right around Thanksgiving and I went downhill from there.  I was sick.  I was tired.  And I just didn't care.  We stayed home for Christmas {which was wonderful} and we kept it simple and relaxed.  We put up a tree and hung stockings and I put together this little craft for hanging Christmas cards. 

While I didn't send one, I loved getting them all season long.  I love checking the mail during December.  And I love displaying all of the cards I get.  So, here's what I did.

I wanted to hang the cards with clothes pins but even glittered ones stilled looked ugly on the sides to me.  So, I started out dying the clothes pins.  I figured if vinegar and food coloring worked for eggs it would work for clothes pins.  And it did.  I didn't keep track of the ratio I used but I put a LOT of drops of food coloring in enough vinegar to cover the pins.



After the clothes pins dried I brushed one side with Mod Podge then sprinkled on glitter.  The porch made for a great place to glitter so it wasn't all over my house.




I strung some satin ribbon on a wall with clear 3M Command Mini Hooks.



As Christmas cards arrived in the mail, I placed them up on the wall with a clothes pin.  By the end of the month only the photo cards and handmade cards remained as I ran out of room.  I'll have to hang more ribbon next year!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment