Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Christmas Card Display


I am sad to admit that 2012 was the first year in YEARS that we did not send out a Christmas card. 

The intention was there but they just. didn't. happen.

My pregnancy nausea kicked in right around Thanksgiving and I went downhill from there.  I was sick.  I was tired.  And I just didn't care.  We stayed home for Christmas {which was wonderful} and we kept it simple and relaxed.  We put up a tree and hung stockings and I put together this little craft for hanging Christmas cards. 

While I didn't send one, I loved getting them all season long.  I love checking the mail during December.  And I love displaying all of the cards I get.  So, here's what I did.

I wanted to hang the cards with clothes pins but even glittered ones stilled looked ugly on the sides to me.  So, I started out dying the clothes pins.  I figured if vinegar and food coloring worked for eggs it would work for clothes pins.  And it did.  I didn't keep track of the ratio I used but I put a LOT of drops of food coloring in enough vinegar to cover the pins.



After the clothes pins dried I brushed one side with Mod Podge then sprinkled on glitter.  The porch made for a great place to glitter so it wasn't all over my house.




I strung some satin ribbon on a wall with clear 3M Command Mini Hooks.



As Christmas cards arrived in the mail, I placed them up on the wall with a clothes pin.  By the end of the month only the photo cards and handmade cards remained as I ran out of room.  I'll have to hang more ribbon next year!

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing such superb information with us. Your website is very cool. we are impressed by the details that you have on your site. we Bookmarked this website. keep it up and again thanks Kokotime Pro APK

    ReplyDelete