Thursday, April 19, 2012

Rainbow Birthday Party


My daughter turned three just a few days after my son's birthday.  Since I threw him his own party, I threw her one as well.  We invited five friends over for her "party" {glorified play date}.  I kept it simple but wanted to share a few tidbits of the party with you.



I cut rainbows out of card stock for her invitations and stuffed them into blue envelopes.  Again, I only had to make five and one to keep.


I copied Design Mom and made a rainbow balloon banner.  Click here to see Gabrielle's and her instructions on how to make it.  It was quick and easy.  I used smaller balloons than she did as I hung mine in the kitchen.



I filled the mantle with rainbows they've drawn and created in the past, some pinwheels and some rainbow crepe paper.


I frosted leftover cupcakes from my son's party {don't worry, I froze them so they tasted fresh...not that anyone actually tasted them...they just lick the frosting off} with blue frosting.  I added a couple of white clouds with a round tip.  Then I added strips of rainbow sour candy.  Cute, simple and perfect for our theme.



The party was in the afternoon so I just served juice, fruit and cupcakes. 




 
The kids strung fruit loops and made "rainbow" necklaces.




We played several games like Duck, Duck, Goose, Hot Potato, and Cranium Hullabaloo. 




Last I let them play with water beads.   I bought all of the colors of the rainbow from Wal-Mart.  You can find them in the floral department.  Just soak them for a good 4-6 hours and they provide all sorts of sensory fun.  Here they are in rainbow order.




That didn't last long. 



Everyone went home with a Hello Kitty Rainbow bag with goodies like markers, Skittles, a pinwheel from the Dollar Tree, bubbles, crayons, a punching balloon and a candy stick.  She lucked out that those bags had rainbows on them.  This momma wouldn't have bought them, otherwise. 



Again, I kept it pretty simple but it was the perfect party for a three year old.



Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. The issue for this is the washer has a hard shut off built in you should tap a line below the spigot to feed the utility sinks with it’s own shut offs. The concern is the venting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Hope P had fum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that balloon banner. The link you gave has step-by-step instructions that make it look like something I could even make. Darling party!

    ReplyDelete