Monday, January 23, 2012

Baby Stocking Caps



While visiting Texas for Christmas my friend, who works in the NICU, asked me if I'd crochet some striped stocking caps for the babies they had as a surprise for the parents for Christmas.  I'd never crocheted hats but looked up a couple of patterns, combined them for simplicity and got to work.  They were FAR from perfect but they weren't actually wearing them anywhere except for a picture.  They were so tiny that they were pretty quick once I got the hang of it.  My mom and I crocheted one afternoon and whipped up 11 of them.  My nieces made the braids and pom-poms.  I used Simply Soft yarn by Caron (my new fav) and don't think I'll go back.  It's SO soft and stays soft.  My mom crocheted my son a baby blanket out of it and, five years later, yep...still soft.  My Michael's doesn't carry it but Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's and Wal-Mart do.


Don't ask me what pattern I used.  Like I said, I tried two different ones and kind of ended up doing my own thing in the end.  The ones I tried never would have tapered like this or fit a preemie.


Pin It!

1 comment:


  1. jual obat aborsi pills cytotec asli manjur untuk menggugurkan kandungan usia 1 - 6 bulan gugur tuntas.CYTOTEC OBAT ASLI sangat efektif mengatasi TELAT DATANG BULANdan menjadikan anda gagal hamil , CYTOTEC adalah OBAT ABORSI 3 JAM BERHASIL GUGUR TUNTAS dengan kwalitas terbaik produk asli pfizer nomor 1 di dunia medis
    OBAT ABORSI DI TULUNG AGUNG
    OBAT ABORSI DI TUBAN
    OBAT ABORSI DI TRENGGALEK
    OBAT ABORSI DI SUMENEP
    OBAT ABORSI DI SITUBONDO

    ReplyDelete