Friday, October 8, 2010

Photo Magnets


For my sister's birthday I wanted to make her some photo magnets of her boys. I tried two methods and wasn't super pleased with either but here they are:

I mounted the picture onto a round magnet for these ones and covered them with Stampin' Up Crystal Effects. It added a high gloss three dimensional look to them. I didn't love them though.
Then I tried just gluing glass beads onto the pictures for these ones. There's a glare in the picture but you get the idea.
She liked them and that's all that mattered. I don't think I'll make them again, though, until I figure out a better way that has a more finished look. The curly ribbon was used as I had only been in my house a month and hadn't unpacked my real ribbon or craft things so I used what I could find.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment