Monday, October 11, 2010

Halloween Painting


I wanted something on my mantle to go with my Halloween decor but didn't want to spend a lot of time on it. So, I googled Halloween pictures, copied an image I found on google with a few changes and painted it on a 24 x 30 canvas. I've never painted with acrylics on canvas before and I definately could use some pointers and a better variety of brushes but I think I'll try another painting in the future. I enjoyed it. While I'm not in love with the painting, it works for something that's only going to be up for a month at a time and I did it in a couple of hours.
When I get the rest of my decor up I'll post pictures of the house.

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. You're so awesome, Amy. I wish I had even a fraction of your talent! Love and miss you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously cool. And really? only a couple of hours? Not even right...

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is just amazing. My only thoughts are the black hill needs something. Its a good size space. I would probably add some tombstones or a simple little fence criss crossing down it or both. The rest I wouldn't change at all it is beautifully done. Great job. I chatted with your mom a few weeks back at the Temple. Miss you and wish you were closer. We would definetly be trouble.

    ReplyDelete