Monday, February 8, 2010

Mother Goose Baby Shower


My sisters and I threw a baby shower for our sister-in-law a few years ago and I thought I'd share what we did with you. She was having twins, a boy and girl. We needed a gender neutral theme so we picked Mother Goose and I designed these invitations to fit. We printed them front and back and cut them out with a circle cutter and mailed them in a square envelope. I've blurred the last name but it did rhyme with our poem. We referenced several Mother Goose rhymes.

We decorated with books, stuffed animals, little figurines and jack-in-the-boxes with Mother Goose on them.

We typed up parts of rhymes and placed them around the table. We served tarts, chicken salad, fruit, petit fours and quiches. We had the baker mark the petit fours with a "B" and pipe the words to Pat-A-Cake around the edge of the platter.



We gave little candles as party favors and typed up "Jack be nimble, Jack be quick..." on the labels.  I printed all different colors and punched them my EK Success Whale Punch.



Mother Goose was a pretty easy theme as there are tons of ideas, books and toys out there to fit with it.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog from mr. linky... very adorable!!! ...off to read the rest!

    Kim
    http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete