Monday, June 29, 2009

Yankee Doodle Birthday Package


My brother-in-law that recently left on a mission for our church celebrates his birthday on July 4th. He'll be celebrating this year in the church mission training center in Utah so I mailed him a red, white and blue birthday package. Anything out of the color scheme I wrapped up in red and blue wrapping paper. I included plenty of snacks, an Old Navy flag t-shirt, a flag, a few light up bouncy balls, a lint roller, some post it notes and I found some great salt water taffy at Wal-Mart with red and blue star wrappers to throw in as well.

Then our family decorated firecracker cards and wrote birthday messages on the back. My husband did the stripes, I did the stars and my two year old did the scribbled one.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Cute idea! It brings back memories for me of sending packages to the MTC when my husband was on his mission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe!~ Great package! I am defintely going to make these firecrackers with my kids. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete