I have deciphered the crochet code and can now actually follow a pattern. I've tried a couple of different techniques with yarn but have yet to finish any of the little baby afghans I've started. I did, however, do a new technique on the edge of this burpcloth. It's a basic shell but I hadn't tried it before so it was new to me. I actually like this better than the picot edge. I didn't have to count as much (or so it seemed) and it went pretty fast. I'm going to give this to Bryan's boss. He and his wife are having a baby girl next month and there is a baby shower for her at his office next week so I'll throw this on top of whatever we give them.