Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Bloggy Bootcamp Recap


While I gained some good info at Bloggy Bootcamp, I also reprioritized this summer and decided to play instead of blog.  But, now I'm back and I have all sorts of fun projects we did over the summer to share with you!  But, first, I'll tell you about Bloggy Bootcamp.

I made a family trip of it and we met up with friends, visited some fun places in St. Louis and had some delicious food.  I still have things on my St. Louis Bucket List though so we'll be back for sure!


The Bloggy Bootcamp conference was Saturday and was well worth the $99 ticket. 

Tiffany Romero and Francesca Banducci of The SITS Girls were friendly, funny and full of great information. 

We heard from Laurie Turk of Tip Junkie.  She talked about the business of blogging and gave us her Top 10 Lessons she's learned as well as her Top 10 Things she wished she'd known when she started.

Cynthia Wheeler of NW Designs is a blog and graphic designer.  She shared excellent tips on how your blog should look, what to avoid and how to make it pleasing to the eye.

Dali Burgado talked about SEO including using Facebook, Twitter and Google+.

Danielle Smith of Extrodinary Mommy gave us some tips on vlogging.

Allison Talamantez of Sway In Real Life told us all about sponsors and working with companies.

I met lots of bloggers gathered lots of business cards.  I was surprised at the variety of bloggers there...lifestyle, mommy bloggers, travel gurus, a cupcake lady, crafters, diet and health bloggers and more.

And passed out a few of my own.  I printed these up before I left, tied on a ribbon and gave them out as bookmarks.



Pin It!

2 comments: